Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yesterday I bought flowers at Cook's, but it didn't manage to start planting until 8:30 pm! I did the front yard first and so when I ran out of light I moved to the back where we have flood lights so I could finish.

I planted a flat of Red Patriot geraniums, some lobelia between the pansies and some marigolds. For the first time I bought a flat of primroses; they are a shade plant and I loved the yellow and red color. I planted some in the shade of the tree by the mailbox and in the back yard where I have lots of shade.

I also bought three hanging baskets for the back patio. I have a love/hate relationship with hanging baskets out there. I love the beautiful color when I look out the kitchen and sitting room windows, but by the end of the summer I hate having to go out there and water every morning.

My next step it putting new bark in all the beds and planting tomatoes in the topsy planters we bought online.

1 comment:

Tania said...

I love primroses too and have several in my shade garden in front of the house. Here they bloom pretty early, so they are usually my first perennial after the bulbs.