Friday, June 25, 2010

A Failed Experiment

The Topsy Turvy planters are a failed experiment. Once planted they are so heavy there was no place to hang them in the sun. They were fine on the swingset until the gkiddies came to play. After searching for a way to hang them, I gave up and bought a square foot raised garden box. Actually, this is something I've wanted to do for a while, but just saw it when I was searching for a solution to the Topsy Turvy dilemma. I love that the box is on legs so I don't have to bend over or get on the ground. Brian put it together and stained it for me.


I put it at the corner of the court where it gets full sun

My new raised garden box


Herb pots: sweet basil and cilantro ~ and an empty pot for zucchini


New bark in the back bed

I spent two hours in the back yard today:

~ Transferred the plants from the Topsy Turvies to the new planter box. What a mess!
~ Planted cilantro and sweet basil in pots and prepared a pot for a zucchini I will buy soon
~ Swept the patio
~ Scooped dog poop
~ Weeded and barked the back bed
~ Cleaned out the sticks and dead daffodil stems from the hammock bed
~ Watered the hanging pots and garden box and pots

3 comments:

Gram said...

You are a hard worker and keep your house and yard in excellent condition.

laura said...

It looks good, Mom. I was thinking as I read that I'll soon be scooping poop off your lawn too. Fun!

Gram said...

I like your new garden boxes. Sorry the Topsy Turvey didn't work out. Guess that is what I need to try. I just would like tomatoes to grow. I tried one in a big pot and it didn't do well at all.