Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today I pulled up the leggy overgrown pansies in the front bed. I was sad to do it because they were still colorful and pretty, but it was garbage day and I knew it was time. Plus, Cook's had a sale on lobelia, buy one flat get one free. Which led to more planting and I still didn't use all of the second flat. Lobelia is my favorite though - it is blue, after all.


Lobelia in place of the pansies


Lobelia by the mailbox


I added lobelia between the white impatiens I planted last week.

I had this blue pot already so I just planted lobelia around the edge and went back to Cook's for the variegated geranium and more bark. You can see I didn't pull up these pansies, they still looked good; I think they get some shade so they haven't burned up in the sun yet.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Your flower areas look great Janet. I love Lobelia as well. When we lived at Ft. Lewis do you remember that Lynn made that flower bed in the front yard with marigold and lobelia. I hated digging all that up when we moved to Puyallup, but the Army reg's state you have to put everything back the way it was.